Monday, January 3, 2011

The Best of Christmas

                Since Christmas has come and gone, I’ve received and given several gifts.  Here is my list of the best, in no particular order:
1.       Borders Gift Card: I ask that you always consider a gift card for the special teachers in your life, especially one to a books/music store.  You may be helping them to purchase better materials for your child’s classroom!  This is especially true for arts/music teachers, whose budgets have been slashed this past year.

2.       Flannel Pajamas: What can I say?  I love matching pajama sets!  I would probably wear them to work if I could.

3.       Opera!  CD featuring the horns of the Berlin Philharmonic:  So. Amazing!  What else can I say?  Each recording features a fantastic all horn arrangement and incredible playing.  You will be amazed by the Berlin Horns’ incredible individual and ensemble playing.  As a bonus, the last track features a blooper reel from the recording studio featuring some epic missed notes and lots of German/English talking.  I find this especially inspiring for student hornists, who might think that professionals never make mistakes! Click here for their web page on the Berlin Phil website.  Click here for their CD.

4.       My sister: So she isn’t really a present, but she’s back from the west coast for the holidays, and I’m glad to see her!  Since college, we have gotten along a lot better (especially since I stopped being such a mean older sister).  I can’t believe that she’s going to graduate at the end of this term!

5.       Cabling needle: I have been wanting one of these since I lost my last one in the old arm chair in my fraternity house’s basement. 

6.       Snow boots: They are waterproof.  And fuzzy.  Enough said!

7.       Family and Friends: They are also not presents, but it’s been great reconnecting with all of them this holiday!  It’s always nice to be reminded of the people who love you.  And congrats to my friends who just got engaged!

No comments:

Post a Comment